Date(s) - 21/05/2019
Oaks Primary School
This one day course on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 is perfect for you if you are looking to learn about Restorative Approaches and put them into practice.
Restorative – what does it even mean?
Ever wondered what this thing ‘restorative’ is all about? Have people in your school started using the word ‘restorative’ and you feel like you need a bit more information before you decide if it’s for you or your school? Has Peacemakers been recommended to you and you feel that seeing them in action might be a good starting point before you commit to anything?
Peacemakers is running a 1 day Introductory course where you will be introduced to:
- underlying theory, philosophy and values of restorative practice;
- some of the language and questions and ways of thinking that form part of a restorative way of working;
- some of the key skills needed to carry out safe and effective restorative practice in your setting.
This course will help you to:
- Help you to sort out minor problems in the classroom and on the playground
- Help you to help children develop empathy and build relationships with one another
- Develop your conflict resolution skills
- Help you to support others who are developing restorative practices for the school
Cost: £50 per person
Location: The Oaks Primary School, Bells Ln, B14 5RY
Limited number of places so book using the booking form. You will be invoiced.
Refreshments will be provided but please bring your own lunch.