Date(s) - 07/04/2020
16:00 - 17:30
Coventry Council House
Aim of the session:
• How schools can provide safe spaces for their young people to discuss openly issues that concern them
• Teaching strategies that promote open respectful dialogue including questioning techniques to open up safe debate
• understand what controversial issues are and why they should be taught.
• develop confidence in exploring controversial issues.
• be able to apply classroom strategies for handling and exploring controversial issues.
• have an overview as to what guidance exists for handling controversial issues.
Trainers: Coventry Prevent Team