From 3 June to 5 July 2019, Coventry Lord Mayor’s Committee for Peace and Reconciliation and Coventry Music Hub, Coventry Cathedral and SACRE are working together to help schools write songs about peace and/or reconciliation. The competition is open to all Coventry schools from 3 June to 5 July 2019.
The winning song will be selected by a panel of judges including Councillor Linda Bigham, the Lord Mayor of Coventry, and representatives from Coventry Music and Coventry Cathedral. The results will be announced before the summer holidays.
The winning school will be given a free Morning of Music for either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. Coventry Music will also send a professional composer to the winning school to deliver a songwriting workshop in September. Your song will be orchestrated, recorded and given pride of place at a number of high-profile live performances:
- World Premiere (with a live band) @ the winning school
- Mornings of Music @ primary schools all over Coventry
- Big Sing @ the Albany Theatre
- Coventry Music Summer Showcase @ Warwick Arts Centre
- SING! Choir @ Godiva Festival
- Discover the Classics (with a full symphony orchestra) @ Coventry Cathedral
More information on the Peace Song website covpeacesong.uk