Date(s) - 19/03/2019
10:00 - 15:00
The United Nations Association Coventry Branch invites sixth formers to its War, Peace and Reconciliation conference 10am-3pm on Tuesday 19 March at University of Warwick.
In a series of workshops they will explore how the United Nations is involved in War, Peace and Reconciliation. Does the UN succeed or fail to prevent wars and restore peace? What does it do about reconciliation after conflict? Why are these questions important in the lives of young people?
The conference will be delivered by students from Coventry and Warwick Universities who have been trained as United Nations Association Ambassadors.
Students are responsible for making their own way onto campus. Staff are welcome to attend as well if you would like to bring a group of students.
The event is free of charge.
Who can apply?
This event is likely to be oversubscribed so priority will be given to students who are in Year 12 at a state school/college and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Come from a home where neither parent attended university in the UK or abroad
- Eligible for free school meals
- Attend a school with above the national average entitlement to Free School Meals*
- Attend a school with below average performance at KS5*
- Live in a neighbourhood with low progression rates to university^
- Living/lived in care
Register your interest
Widening Participation Officer (School of Law)
*Please click here to see whether your school meets the criteria.
^ Check your home postcode, to meet the criteria the POLAR3 score needs to be 1 or 2