Date(s) - 21/11/2019
16:00 - 18:00
Caludon Castle School
Categories No Categories
Join Facing History and Ourselves and Journey to Justice on 21 November for a workshop focusing on teaching fundamental British values (FBV) in the classroom. We will be addressing the complexities of FBV teaching and sharing approaches that open up reflection about what these values mean and how we act on them.
Join our after-school workshop to gain:
- New pedagogical approaches from Facing History and Journey to Justice
- Six case studies to be used in PSHE and Citizenship classes
- Different contexts and understandings of FBV
- New teaching strategies to boost your teacher toolkit
- Confidence in tackling difficult conversations in the classroom
- Connections between historical examples and present-day experiences and choices
This workshop will give you an in-depth understanding of our approaches and provide you with ready-to-use resources for the classroom. The materials and methods can be used at Key Stages 3 and 4, and are useful for secondary History, RS,Citizenship and English teachers.
To register, please contact
Prevent Education Officer
Coventry City Council