Coventry City Council is in the process of consulting about One Coventry Plan 2022-2030 which claims to be focused on the needs and aspirations of Coventry communities and partners to improve the city and on enabling people to live their best lives in a vibrant and prosperous city.
One Coventry is a way of working that enables the City to focus on the things that people value most of all, so helping to make the biggest possible impact on the lives of local people.
The Council is running a short survey where you can tell them what you think about their priorities.
So we each have an opportunity to promote Peace and Reconciliation by telling the Council how important we think it is
One Coventry Plan Aims
The Plan aims to create:
- a city with a strong and resilient economy, where inclusive growth is promoted and delivered, businesses are enabled to innovate and grow and new local jobs are created.
- a city where our residents get the best possible start in life, experience good health and age well, in a city that embraces diversity, protects the most vulnerable and values its residents and communities.
- a city, that leads the way and invests in the green industrial revolution. Ensuring the well-being of our residents by embedding environmentally friendly behaviours and exploring opportunities to lessen the pressures caused by climate change.
The City Council will do this by being:
- a council with a strong and sustainable financial position, with resources and assets that are aligned with our priorities.
- a council that plays a key role as a civic leader, working in genuine partnership with local residents, communities and partners.
One Coventry Plan Priorities
- Increasing the economic prosperity of the city and of the region
- Improving outcomes and tackling inequalities within our communities
- Tackling the causes and consequences of climate change
The City knows this can only be achieved by listening to and collaborating with those who live, work, visit and do business in the city. They are doing this by running a survey and holding workshops.
The Council is running workshops where you can learn more about their priorities and tell them what you think.
Wednesday 29 June 2022 – 10:00 am to 11:30 am – Lord Mayor’s Hospitality Suite, Council House
Tuesday 5 July 2022 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm – Online Session using “Teams”
Tuesday 26 July 2022 – 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Committee Room 3, Council House, Earl Street, Coventry
Thursday 28 July 2022 – 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Online Session using “Teams”