The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner, Simon Foster, invites young people aged between 13 and 18 to apply to stand for election to become one of the Youth Commissioners on the new Youth Commission. They will be elected by their peers in Coventry or wherever they live in the West Midlands.
Youth Commissioners will:
- Lead on the Police & Crime Commissioners consultation with young people on the Commissioners Police and Crime Plan, monitoring of priorities and police responses to young people.
- Be the voice of young people and represent their views on the Youth Commission. Young people will have the opportunity to speak directly with the Police and Crime Commissioner, senior and neighbourhood Police Officers and key decision makers.
- Engage and consult with other young people in their local communities and listen to their views.
- Be able to question, challenge and inform policy.
- Help to build relationships and break down barriers that exist between the police and young people in the community.
- Raise the profile of young people with the community in a positive way
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 18 June.
Voting will take place in July.