Peacemakers are recruiting Freelance Associate Trainers based in the West Midlands to work across the region.
Peace Education looks at developing knowledge, skills and attitudes of peace, from emotion coaching and conflict resolution to thinking about big issues and how to make peaceful change happen.
You would be freelance (self-employed), working during term time, typically a day a week in the same school for 4-8 weeks. Trainers run a variety of courses in primary and secondary schools. These include Peer Mediation training; peacebuilding courses (following their curriculum) in primary schools; restorative approaches training and training for school staff.
For a better idea of what the do see peacemakers.org.uk.
Much of their work takes place in Birmingham, Coventry and the Black Country and they only cover travel expenses within this region.
They offer initial training in their approach and content, followed by shadowing of existing trainers to become familiar with the work (this level is unpaid). This would be followed by co-facilitating courses (paid at an introductory level), then by opportunities to facilitate paid work alone. There would be ongoing CPD opportunities.
What you bring
- A commitment to peace and non-violent approaches to conflict and the ability to model this.
- 2-3 years’ experience in working with class size groups of children or young people and leading them in activities.
- Ability to travel across the West Midlands and to work in school hours, including Twilight sessions for teachers (3-5.30 pm).
- Knowledge of an area such as PSHE, emotional literacy, restorative approaches or conflict resolution issues is helpful.
- A familiarity with schools (desirable).
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
For an informal chat about the role you can call the office on 0121 236 4796
They welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Download the application form from https://peacemakers.org.uk/were-hiring-associate-trainers.
Make sure it explains why you are interested in the role and highlights relevant experience and skills.
All trainers are subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Email your application to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Monday 14th August 2023.