Coventry’s City of Culture have published a 32 page booklet to promote the city’s heritage and culture. Walk in the footsteps of musicians, artists, rebels and activists. Explore the haunts of poets, writers and stars of stage and screen. Uncover the very beating heart of the city.
The document contains:
- Coventry Uncovered: Blue Badge Guide Roger Bailey’s trail of the interesting and strange features of the city centre.
- If medieval walls could talk: Medieval Coventry’s trail around the city’s medieval masterpieces.
- The best in 20th Century Architecture
- Industry – the Beating Heart of the City: Eleanor Nesbit’s trail of the historic industry that made Coventry what it is today.
- Amazing Art and Sculpture: Coventry Society tour of some of the city’s post-war architecture.
- Guided Walks: information on four guided walks
- Authors & Actors: eight places to visit with connections to literature and theatre
- The Tale of 2-Tone: Peter Chambers’ tour of Coventry’s most famous musical genre.
- Coventry on Screen: a tour of the Coventry sites that feature on the big screen and the small.
- Alive After five: some of the bars and restaurants in the city centre.
- The world in a mile: a multi-cultural tour of Foleshill, one of the city’s most energetic neighbourhoods.
The booklet includes three maps which outline all the tours mentioned. It also carries an advertisement for four neighbourhood trails created by Talking Birds theatre company.
Collect in person for FREE at attractions around the city and at the Tourist Information Centre.