The programme is for people of ethnically divided communities, who carry the emotional scars of war .
The programme is based on the values of: reconciliation, personal growth and a holistic approach to health and healing.
The main activities of our work are training workshops. The workshops aim to:
- Support personal growth, psycho-physical and spiritual health of individuals through developing capacities for self support and mutual support of different community members in dealing with trauma
- Empower different ethnic and religious groups for dialogue and peace building activities in their communities.
- Increase public awareness about the need for dealing with war wounds
In October 2016 a group of volunteers from Serbia and Croatia, all affected by war, came together to work with Touch of Hope. Building peace and reconciliation between each other and training to be workshop leaders, they share their stories and Touch of Hope (charity) work.
A mini documentary about their work to build peace and reconciliation in the war torn regions of Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia.
Their vision for the future is to train local people to run peace-building workshops within their own communities in Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia, and for Touch of Hope to be a resource for all those wanting to explore reconciliation and issues around peace-building. They need prayerful and financial support to raise £40,000 per year to continue running the programme of workshops. They offer speakers and accept donations. See links below.
There are currently 3 units of workshops.
- Basic understandings of a holistic approach to Health and Healing.
- Communication Skills
- Identity as a place of hurt and growth
- Wounded Healer
- A model of Reconciliation by John Paul lederach :Truth, justice, mercy and peace
Develops the unit 1 themes more deeply and can involve a study visit to the Uk, including a stay at The residential base of Community of Reconciliation at Barnes Close, and a visit to Coventry Cathedral. Participants normally spend a few nights with host families from local churches, and share their experiences with local church congregations.
This unit is for the training of those who have completed the previous units to become Facilitators of Touch of Hope workshops.
Touch of Hope Peace Programme website: www.cfrfootprints.org
Book a speaker: email@example.com
Telephone 07817 057963 / 02476 381986
Connect with Clive Fowle: firstname.lastname@example.org