Coventry against Racism (C.A.R.) is a broad anti-racist group that has existed for a number of years. It is open to all organisations and individuals who are oppose racism and fascism.
C.A.R.’s membership and officers are representatives of Coventry’s multi-racial and multi-cultural population.
We regard integrated membership and leadership from the black community to be essential for the success of our aims.
We hold regular monthly meeting which are open to members and friends.
1. Support and promote a National Assembly Against Racism [N.A.A.R.] and Unite Against Fascism [U.A.F.].
2. To be vigilant and co-operate with other organisations to give support and defend individuals or
organisations suffering racial discrimination or harassment, at work or in the neighbourhood.
3. Disseminate information on local and national issues concerning racism.
4. Support national campaigns against racial legislation and seek its repeal.
5. Seek to promote educational material, books, pamphlets, videos and films that expose and defeat racist ideology.
6. Organise meetings, debates and discussions, and participate in festivals and other events that celebrate multicultural society.
7. Support the prosecution of individuals and organisations that promote racist ideology in society.
Coventry Against Racism
c/o Coventry T.U.C.
Unit 15 Arches Industrial Estate