Coventry Cyrenians provide a comprehensive range of high quality services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Our mission statement is to provide individualised support to promote and enhance the life chances of people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, and empower them to live as independently as possible.
Our services currently include the
- Coventry Supported Accommodation Service,
- Stratford Upon Avon Temporary Accommodation for Single Adults and
- Young Person’s Alcohol Intervention & Mediation Service.
Our accommodation services provide nearly 200 units of accommodation, which are made up of properties situated across Coventry & Warwickshire. We provide more supported accommodation for single homeless adults than any other single agency in Coventry. The traditional view of homelessness has tended to focus on negative stereotypes. At Coventry Cyrenians we view our role as helping people to rebuild their lives.
- We provide more supported accommodation for homeless people in Coventry than any other organisation
- Over two thirds of the people we see are experiencing mental health challenges and more than one in five are sleeping rough when we accommodate them
- Over 90% of people leaving our service report improvements in one or more areas of their life
- About one in five of our residents obtain paid employment by the time they move on from us, many benefiting from our own employment and training opportunities
- We generate 80% of our income from accommodation charges but rely on public support and donations to enable us to continue our work
We also run an exciting social enterprise store called Windsor’s & Refreshed at 98-101 Far Gosford St, Coventry CV1 5EA combining quality products and work experience opportunities. It is a cafe, boutique and emporium all in one place.
Visit us at 98-101 Far Gosford Street, Coventry
For all enquiries for our Coventry services please contact our Head Office:
Coventry Cyrenians, Oakwood House, Cheylesmore, Coventry, CV1 2HL
or call Freephone 0800 0180579 or 02476 228099.