Ekta-Unity is a Coventry-based group of like-minded volunteers with a wide range of experiences and skills who have come together to promote social inclusion in the city of Coventry for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate in society.
They run weekly sessions and events to bring people together, improve well-being and reduce social exclusion.
The group uses the skills, knowledge and experience of its members and local residents to achieve its aims and objectives which are to:
- Organise activities/ projects to promote community cohesion city wide;
- Signpost people to relevant agencies as needed
- Deliver initiatives to promote health and wellbeing of people from all backgrounds and beliefs
- Organise classes, courses and training sessions to enhance skills, aspirations and confidence
- Deliver projects/ activities
Ekta-Unity has received many awards including the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the highest award a voluntary group can receive in the UK.
Sanjay Jagatia, CEO of Ekta-Unity, has been honoured with The Hubert Walter Award for Reconciliation and Inter-Faith Cooperation for being a selfless religious visionary leader propagating peace, serving society through spiritual inspiration, and promoting interfaith engagement, cohesion, and dialogue in the UK and across the World.
They are based at
St. Paul’s Church
346 Foleshill Road
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.ekta-unity.org/